Friday, April 18, 2008

How does one "Love like crazy"?

Christian music artists Chris Rice performs a song called, "Love like Crazy" which struck a chord (pun intended) with me.

In case you haven't heard the song, take a minute or three to enjoy the following video:
.

.

In the song, Rice tells us that Jesus loves in a way that most of the world just doesn't understand. To the world, it seems crazy to reach out to the broken, the outcast, the unconventional, the untouchables. If change is going to happen, Rice says, it will happen when we love like Jesus loves.... crazy go nuts kind of love. Love when it doesn't make sense to love. We're not talking romantic love, but the kind of love that God has for all of us.

I have a lot of thoughts floating around in my head and my heart about love, but I don't want to belabor the point right now . . . instead, I'd like to try an experiment. Today is April 18, 2008. For the next 365 days, I am going to intentionally try to "love like crazy" each day. I'll try to blog about the experience. If I don't have a personal experience to write about, I'll try to point you to something inspiriational that reminds me of this type of love that I'm trying to live out in my life. Wish me luck. Pray for me. Join me on this journey for the next year.

I, Jeffrey Emery, pledge to be intentional about the way that I choose to think, act, and feel toward myself and others. I pledge to embody the concept of loving like Jesus loved. I promise to be diligent in sharing this experience on this blog.

Anyone care to come along for the ride?

1 comment:

DaveE said...

Hi son,

Just found your new blog. Go for it! I'll check in here from time to time to read your new posts.

I LOVE Y-O-U son,
Pop